Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Autumnal Equinox, Y'all!

Finally! The official start of fall. Wish it felt more like it. I'm ready for some cool down, and my power has been back on since Saturday. It's just too damn hot here some days. Thanks to Ike though, any celebration of equinox will be minimal at best -- unless you consider the huge bonfires that we'll be having at the river soon part of it.




I'm always looking at the daily high and low temps in Dillon, Colorado (which I keep in my weather section on my internet home page -- currently, it's 40F there, with the expected low being 33F tonight, after a high today of 60F), and trying to talk myself into needing less income to live on, so I could get a hospitality-based job and move there. Then I would spend all my spare time being an active, outdoorsy snowbunny instead of sweating profusely on a daily basis -- or desperately trying to avoid doing so, with my butt glued firmly to a soft surface in the A/C blast zone. Oh well, maybe next year...




Other than the weather cooling down - eventually -- I love fall because its onset means Samhain and Halloween celebrations are near. Halloween has always been my favorite or one of my top two favorite holidays. I think its a toss-up between that and Mardi Gras. Either way, you get to dress crazy and discard accepted behavioral norms for a day or two, so I'm all over it.

I'm already in the throws of constructing my costume for this year -- as well as John's. Should be interesting.










No comments: